Matthew Coleman is a shareholder at Logan-Thompson. He concentrates his practice on general civil litigation with an emphasis toward Social Security Disability, worker’s compensation, personal injury and insurance claims. He has obtained favorable jury verdicts involving complex and structural insurance claims against arson and policy defenses. He works closely with his law partners in a variety of practice areas and believes that diversity of mentorship and experience has been vital to his success in resolving challenging legal matters and recovering millions of dollars annually in compensation and benefits for his clients.
Prior to joining the legal profession, he served 12 years as a Green Beret in the U.S. Army and is a decorated veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan. In 2004, he graduated magna cum laude from Lee University with a degree in biology and went on to receive his doctorate of jurisprudence from Appalachian School of Law.
Matthew is married to Sarah Coleman, a North Carolina native who moved to Cleveland after meeting during law school, they have two sons, Anthony Ronald and Samuel Christian. Matthew and Sarah attend Westwood Baptist Church where he and his family have been members since the early 1980’s. Matthew currently serves as a deacon.
He is the son of Dr. Ronald and Shelly Coleman whose spiritual leadership and international mission work have offered him a unique insight into the needs of others. Matthew has four siblings: Joshua, Danny, Eva and Karen.
Matthew’s diverse and honorable life experiences have afforded him a special desire and unique insight to provide personal service to our community, its citizens and his neighbors.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Social Security Disability
- General Civil Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation
- Appalachian School of Law, Grundy, Virginia
- J.D. – 2008
- Lee University
- S. magna cum laude– 2004
- Major: Biology
- Minor: Religion
- Cleveland High School
Professional Associations, Memberships and Awards
- Sunrise Rotary Club, Rotary International, 2011-present
- President 2017-2018
- Rotarian of the Year, 2019
- Cleveland Shade Tree Board, Chairman 2016-present
- Mainstreet Cleveland, Board of Directors, 2019-present, President, 2021
- Cleveland Bradley Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2019-present
- 10 Best Attorneys, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2017
- Willard Owens Award for Excellence in Community Service
- Green Beret, 20th SFG (Airborne), US Army – Veteran of OEF, Afghanistan